About Dishwashers Hong Kong
Dating back as far as 1850, dishwashers have provided households convenience and comfort. What this appliance does is wash your dishes for you in a better, cleaner, and more efficient way. If you don’t have time for household chores like washing the dishes, then a dishwasher is a lifesaver.
Before you go ahead and purchase one, you should know what type of dishwasher is perfect for your lifestyle. There are five different types of dishwashers to choose from; with each type having its own pros and cons:
- Standard built-in dishwasher
- Compact built-in dishwasher
- Double drawer dishwasher
- Single drawer dishwasher
- Portable dishwasher
Standard built-in dishwasher
Mostly used by many households today, the standard built-in dishwasher is a classic model which is instsalled under kitchen cabinets and is directly connected to your kitchen plumbing. It’s standard measurement is 24 inches across, and could accommodate 12 to 16 plates at once.
Compact built-in dishwasher
If you want to save on space, then a compact built-in dishwasher would definitely be a good choice. It is almost similar to the standard built-in dishwasher except for its small size, measuring 18 inches across with a capacity of 8 place settings.
Double drawer dishwasher
As the name suggests, this type of dishwasher has two drawers, one large compartment, and one small one. Like the former, the double drawer dishwasher is the same with the standard built-in except you can choose to efficiently wash small loads without using the entire dishwasher.
Single drawer dishwasher
If you want something smaller than the compact built-in dishwasher, then the single drawer dishwasher is perfect for you; think of it as the smaller half of the double-drawer.
Ideal of small apartments, or renters, portable dishwashers are standard dishwashers on wheels. You can easily move them around from one area to another, and they also provide extra countertops.
To further guide you when it comes to buying the perfect dishwasher for your home, here are some things that you need to consider:
- Make accurate measurements on the space where you plan to place your dishwasher, and always pay close attention to your dishwasher’s dimensions.
- Choose a dishwasher according to your lifestyle. A big dishwasher would not be economical if only people are living in the household.
- Install your dishwasher as close to the sink as possible to keep the plumbing together.
- A dishwasher’s capacity is measured in place settings with one place setting equal to a complete set of plates and cutlery.