Calvin Klein Hong Kong - A Step Ahead of Fashion
- Provocative yet fashion forward
- Smell great wherever you go with Calvin Klein
- The most controversial CK ads
- Great deals only at iPrice
Bringing you latest high end fashion as well as ready to wear looks that are fresh of the runway, Calvin Klein designs offers a unique twist for both men and women who revolves with the ever changing trends. Abbreviated as CK, Calvin Klein pushes its boundaries in giving you quality products for both men and women. While the brand is wrapped up in controversy, there is no denying that CK is a brand of great choice. Shop for the latest and hippest Calvin Klein products in Hong Kong right within the comforts of your own home!
A name that pioneered the designer jeans, underwear and everything else in the fashion world, Calvin Klein is one of the industry’s biggest fashion names and brands. Born in 1942, Calvin Klein taught himself how to sketch and sew when he was just a mere boy. He even won a place at the New York’s High School of Art and Design and at the Fashion Institute of Technology and finally made his name when he launched his own label in 1968.
Dubbed as ‘Calvin the Conqueror’ by the Women’s Wear Daily, and was also named as one of America’s 25 most influential people by Time magazine, Klein singlehandedly helped shaped the casual wear industry and played a major role in modern advertising. He constantly kept the media on their feet with the sexy and controversial ads which not only kept his name in the media’s consciousness but allowed him to bring his underwear collection to the forefront. He had Richard Avedon photographed a pubescent Brooks Shields for his 1979 jeans campaign with a slogan that says, “You know what comes between me and my Calvin's? Nothing”. Talk about provocative and controversial.
Specializing in all aspects of fashion, Calvin Klein’s company has placed their mark in clothing, fragrances, and jewellery with memorable impressions of his ad campaigns. Armed with over 40 years of experience in the world of fashion, Calvin Klein has a consistent and strong brand identity with simple clear lines that define elegance and iconic style. By maintaining a name of accessible luxury, Calvin Klein is one of the most successful labels in the fashion industry.
Calvin Klein, stylish and classy
Calvin’s Klein’s line of clothing includes apparels for both the gents and the ladies. This label is known for their designer jeans which continues to have their own branch of the company and distributors. The traditional Calvin Klein Black Label Collection that is the luxury collection and is shown at the fashion weeks in New York and Milan. It is also known for being elegantly chic and classy. The designs infuses classic with sleek lines which was called a ‘work of art’ by a fashion reviewer. The White Label consists of casual and sporty design that can be found in any retail outlets and Calvin Klein Outlet store. Their provocative underwear collection can be found around the world at retailers who are dedicated entirely to this line.
Other than their underwear, Calvin Klein is also known for their wide collection of CK fragrances that include the collection, Euphoria, Eternity, Calvin Klein Man, and the exceptionally famous Obsession line. Eternity was introduced to the work in 1985 as a unisex fragrance and its scent can be described as floral scent with a hint of sandalwood. The beautiful supermodel, Kate Moss introduced Obsession in that same year which is targeted also for both genders. It is a spicy, citrus blended with peach and lemon. While Eternity and Obsession are Calvin Klein’s signature fragrance, the company has always added something extra to its collection. Eternity has a limited edition fragrances called the Rose Blush and Purple Orchid for women and a unisex one called Eternity Summer. Eternity Moment will always stay as a permanent part of the collection as does Obsession Night.
Calvin Klein is a well-known brand, and for good reason! Because of its highly provocative, sexy ads, CK is on the map for being the most daring brands in the market. Throughout the years, Calvin Klein had released controversial advertisements, that would shock, stun and awaken your sensuality and imagination.
- Brooke Shields (1980). Aside from publishing controversial campaign photos, CK is also well known for making thought-provoking one liners and it is evident in their 1980 campaign with then 15-year-old Brooke Shields. The line reads: "Do you know what comes between me and my Calvins? Nothing."
- Kate Moss and Mark Wahlberg (1992). Calvin Klein really does know how to make a stir. In their 1992 campaign ad, Mark Wahlberg and then 17-year-old Kate Moss, posed together and it's not just your average teen picture, Mark Wahlberg and Kate Moss were topless, creating quite a ruckus. But hey, any publicity is good publicity and it worked so well with the brand.
- Kate Moss (1993). Following their controversial ad campaign the previous year, Kate posed for CK the next year, this time solo with for the ad called "Obsession". The ad got so much coverage that President Bill Clinton condemned Calvin Klein advertisements in the 90's.
- Child pornography issue (1995). Perhaps one of the most controversial ad campaigns for CK touching the issue of child pornography. While the ad clearly does not mention anything regarding the topic, some parties including the American Family Association, child welfare authorities, and parent groups were concerned of it looking like child pornography. Featuring young-looking models being undressed on wooden-panelled basements. Well, you be the judge.
- Eva Mendes (2008). We have to admit, Eva Mendes is one of the hottest celebrities around, even when fully-clothed. That is why in 2008, CK set fire to the media after the company released an ad campaign "Secret Obsession" with Eva Mendes, naked (strategically hiding her best qualities, sorry folks).
- Group photos allegedly promoting polygamy and violence (2009 and 2011). With all these advertisement, you'd think that at least one of them got banned in the United States and that's exactly what happened in the years 2009 and 2010. There were so much negative publicity about the ad promoting violence and sexual promiscuity that CK actually pulled it out of the market.
- The F-bomb (2011). Clever and eye-catching advertising is what the CK team is about and you could clearly see that on 2011's photo ad. Can you imagine a word that ends with "-ck"? It really doesn't need much explaining why the so-called ad remained one of the most iconic campaigns for Calvin Klein.
Being a name that is no stranger to the world, Calvin Klein does not disappoint in terms of online shopping too. Though shopping in a mall may sound fun to some people, many individuals find it a real hassle to find time to fit shopping in their already packed schedule. Living a life that is even busier than a bee, shopping online is the only way out. With your hectic lifestyle, you can now say goodbye to stuffy and crowded mall and shop at whatever time you have for all you need is a stable internet connection and a workable payment method. Without having to visit the mall, you get to save up on time and effort when you get to skip the bustling city centre and shop at the comfort of your own home. You will also be able to save up on money when you compare prices and read up on reviews which are extremely beneficial before you decide on what you are going to purchase.
iprice.hk is a one stop shopping destination for the latest promotions and deals. This is the website where you can find the latest Calvin Klein discounts in Hong Kong. Calvin Klein has a wide range of products such as apparels, bags, timepieces and fragrances. Each of these items are crafted and designed to be unique and exclusive in its own way.