Everyone today owns at least a pair of jeans. If you want to look edgy, cool, and casual, these garments are the way to go. Jeans are often made of denim or dungaree which are traditionally blue in color thus the term “blue jeans”. It was first invented by Jacob W. Davis with Levis Strauss & Co in 1871. The denim and dungaree fabric however, was created prior in Italy and in France somewhere in the early 17th century. Because of the durable nature of the fabric it is often used in working clothes but later moved to fashion. It received critical acclaim in the 50s, often worn by teenagers and in the 60s by the hippies. It continued on with the grunge culture in the 90s, all the way to the present where jeans remain relevant in today’s modern society.
- There are endless possibilities when you wear jeans. You can virtually wear it with anything on any ocassion with tons of different styles and types of jeans to choose from.
- A good pair of jeans can last years and like a bottle of wine, can look good as it ages and wears.
- If you want your butt to look better, then a good pear of jeans would definitely be a great choice. With the right fit, you can shape your body better and strut like a true fashionista!
- For individuals who wear jeans everyday, a good pair of jeans or two would be a great investment. For a garment that’s versatile, durable, and fashionable, your money is well spent on a pair of jeans.
- Jeans are easy to clean compared to other garments. The fabric hides stains so well, it’s not obvious you stained it with your coffee this morning.
There are different types of jeans based on its cuts. Some cuts may look good on you but not on others so it pays to know what type of cut your jeans should have. There are three main types: (1) straight cut, (2) skinny, and (3) boot cut.
Straight cut jeans
This classic jeans cut is a great way to look casual, and like most jeans, you can pair it with anything from shirts and tees, to button-up blouses. Like the name suggest, straight cut jeans are straight cut from the thighs down to the ankles.
Popularized by punk rock in the late 80s to early 90s, skinny jeans are tight, and often stretchable cut which look good for leaner individuals. It is a popular choice for many individuals today because of the streetwear subculture and heavy influence of rock music.
Boot cut jeans
As the name suggest, boot cut jeans are trousers made for individuals who wear boots without extra fabric dangling on your legs. These type of jeans are perfect for winter or whenever you want to wear boots. There is also an exaggerated cut of boot cut jeans called “flared jeans” which features a bell opening, giving that rather 70s vibe.