- Blouses Hong Kong: How it all started
- Blouses Hong Kong: The different types
- Blouses Hong Kong: No two style are the same
The term “Blouse” was originally used to refer those shirts that were worn by peasants, both men and women. It only became synonymous with women back in the 1980s when it was more commonly styled with a loose skirt as a form of work wear around shops. As years passed by, the design of a blouse changed immensely. The Victorian era introduced a simpler look that was perfect for the informal wear. While the early 1900s saw the creation of the elaborate ‘lingerie blouse’ designs that had a large amount of embroidery and lace on it (hence the name).
Collars were then added in the 1920s and down the line, different styles of collars were available to choose from. From the 1960s to this very day, blouses has seen many different changes in style and design, but still maintained its popularity as women’s favourite wardrobe choice till this very day.
Now that the background of this wardrobe staple has been discussed, its time to figure out the different types of blouses that are out there for you.
- Button Down Blouse
- This is the ultimate classic piece that is hands down the most popular style among many fashion diva, beauty bloggers and celebrities out there. Button down blouses has a more formal look to it and is usually worn with suits, dress pants, and pencil skirts as well. But if styled right, it can take the formal out and put the casual in with jeans, shorts and flowy skirts.
- Short Sleeve Blouse
- This type of blouse is becoming one of the hottest trend in today’s market and is available in many different designs – bows, pin stripes, thick stripes, patterned looks, ruching and of many different colours. Some features collars and some not. Depending on what you are using this blouse for, the short sleeve blouse is perfect for your day-to-night look.
- The Wrap Blouse
- This is the greatest style for women of different body types – skinny, voluptuous, curvy or even muscular. It does a great job is concealing the different areas you wish never existed and highlights the parts you never knew you had.
Blouses, the way to wear them are endless. Feminine, edgy, punk or even casual, no matter what style you are looking for, you can always count on your blouse to deliver it. But if you are unsure of how to pair your wardrobe with your blouse, here are some tips and tricks that would surely help.
- Look 1: An unbuttoned chambray over a summer breezy dress for the perfect effortless summer look.
- Look 2: Replace that boring cardigan that you are always wearing over your sleeves tee with a buttoned down blouse instead. The trick is to wear it underneath the dress so that it does not cover up half the dress.
- Look 3: Add a hint of glamour to your boring pencil skirt or trousers with a puff-sleeved blouse. A little va-va-voom on your shoulder is all you need to stand out.
- Look 4: When you buttoned-down blouse in just too long, tuck one side in into the waistband of your pants. It not only helps you define your waist, but keeps the outfit from looking too boxy and big on you.
- Look 5: Bring your sleeveless blouse out for your party night out with you girlfriends. Add a pair of slick leather shorts and a pair of open-toe booties or wedges (for the extra height without causing your leg any pain). Accessorize with a leopard clutch, jewels and the perfect red lipstick.