Gravity can be a harsh enemy against a woman’s breasts. Without support, it can sag, and often develop unwanted cellulite around the breast area; not a neat sight for those who want to maintain their figure. Bras serve to protect and support a woman’s breasts from gravity through specialized cups made of fabric which offer comfort and relief. While it may seem like a modern invention, women have been wearing bras since the time of the ancient Greece. However, its construction is way more than just a strap of cloth pinned at the back. A bra can contain as much as 20 to 48 or so parts and is considered as one of the most complicated garments to put together.
- By a wearing a good bra, you can be more attractive. It can enhance and flatter your body with the right type, fit, and size.
- If you have saggy breasts, then it’s the more reason to wear a bra. Like the first one, you can enhance your look with the right bra.
- For women who are active, a good sports bra can reduce bouncing whenever you are out on a jog, on a treadmill, or doing reps for your CrossFit training.
- Not only can it protect your breasts from physical injuries (especially during exercise), it can also protect them from unwanted attention.
- Most importantly, a bra can offer support to your breasts whether you have an A cup, a D cup, or even an F cup. With the right type of bra, you can look good and feel good.
As diverse as the women around the world in need of bras, there are different types of bras available, each with their own functions. Either to push up, minimize, accentuate, or support, these types of bras all offer great functionality to the wearer. The most common types are: (1) the full cup bra, (2) sports bra, (3) plunge bra, (4) maternity bra, and (5) strapless bra.
Full cup bra
Full cup or old lady bras are undergarments that completely cover the breasts. It offers full support and coverage and is a great choice for women with large cup sizes. Aside from the coverage, this type of bra also has large straps to fully support your breasts.
Like the full cup bra, a sports bra offers full coverage and support. What makes them different is the type of fabric and the overall design of the bra. It enables a wide range of movement, perfect for any physical activity.
Plunge bras are bras which are designed to allow the wearer to use low cut shirts or plunging necklines to allow exposure without exposing the cups itself. Another feature that make plunge bra a versatile garment are its straps. Compared to other bras, the straps are farther apart from each other, enabling you to wear clothes with a vast array of necklines.
Designed to help breastfeeding mothers take care of their baby while wearing a bra. There are two functions of a maternity bra: to offer support during pregnancy, and alleviate discomforts while breastfeeding. Maternity bras have a feature which enables you to open a cup for breastfeeding.
Aside from that, there are all sorts of bras to choose from such as strapless bras, minimizer bras, push up bras, adhesive bras, contour bra, and convertible bras. You can choose from different bras here or shop by brand. Check out Triumph, Sloggi, and Wacoal with their excellent selection of bras online!