Korean smartphone giant Samsung just unveiled their latest flagship phone – the Samsung Galaxy S9. It was officially launched at the Mobile World Congress on the February 26th, 2018.
Galaxy S9 Hong Kong Rumoured Release Date and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy S9 is rumoured to be released on the 8th of March, 2018 in Hong Kong with an estimated price of HKD 6,640.
Key Features of the Galaxy S9
The star of the Samsung Galaxy S9 is undoubtedly its camera. Although the Dual Pixel camera was introduced in the Galaxy S7 and its successors, the camera remained unchanged, until now. Samsung calls it the “Super Speed Dual Pixel” camera, and it’s considered the most outstanding camera on a smartphone. On top of the upgrade, there are a couple of enhancements within the camera. First and foremost, this is the first ever smartphone to have a dual aperture camera. What this means is that, it has a f/2.4 aperture that is able to snap up clear and crisp photos in a well-lit environment while the second f/1.5 aperture is great for low-light photos.
Another interesting feature which was first introduced on the iPhone X is the AR Emoji. Samsung’s take on AR personification allows users to create multiple 3D human avatars based on your looks. If you prefer using other characters, you may select one from Galaxy S9’s stable. The character will then mimic your expressions, head gestures, and mouth movements. It also allows users to superimpose funny animations onto your actual face, similar to Instagram and Snapchat alike.
Accessories enhance the functionability of any smartphone, just like the Samsung’s new DeX pad support. Users will experience an upgraded experience with their Samsung Galaxy S9. The pad allows users to place their phone flat so that it can be used as a touchpad or even a virtual keyboard while it’s in desktop mode.
- OS: Android 8 (Oreo)
- Display: 5.8-inch Quad HD + Curved Super AMOLED, 18.5:9 (570ppi)
- Body: 147.7mm x 68.7mm x 8.5mm, 163g, IP68
- Rear Camera: Super Speed Dual Pixel 12MP AF sensor with OIS (F1.5/F2.4)
- Front Camera: 8MP AF (F1.7)
- Application Processor: 10nm, 64-bit, Octa-core processor (2.8 GHz Quad + 1.7 GHz Quad)
- Memory: 4GB RAM / 64GB + Micro SD Slot (up to 400 GB)
- Battery: 3,000mAh
- Charging: Fast Wired Charging compatible with QC 2.0 / Fast Wireless Charging compatible with WPC and PMA
- Network: Enhanced 4X4 MIMO / CA, LAA, LTE Cat.18
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, 1024QAM, Bluetooth® v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), ANT+, USB type-C, NFC, Location (GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou)
- Payment: NFC, MST
- Sensors: Iris sensor, Pressure sensor, Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint sensor, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, HR sensor, Proximity sensor, RGB Light sensor
- Authentication: Lock type: pattern, PIN, password
- Biometric lock type: iris scanner, fingerprint scanner, face recognition
- Intelligent Scan: biometric authentication with iris scanning and facial recognition
- Audio: Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos enabled surround sound
- Audio playback format: MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, APE, DSF, DFF
- Video: MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
- Virtual Reality: Gear VR with Controller (SM-R325NZVAXAR), Google Daydream View