Diptyque Hong Kong offers a range of scented candles and perfumes using fresh, natural ingredients. To get the best out of your Diptyque perfumes, read our guide below.
Top Diptyque Price List 2020
|Top 10 products||Price||Store|
|Diptyque Baies Scented Candle, 70g one size||HK$ 271.26||Net-A-Porter|
|Diptyque Eau Rose Eau De Toilette||HK$ 1,024.16||Saks Fifth Avenue|
|Diptyque Electric Diffuser||HK$ 2,560.38||Saks Fifth Avenue|
|Diptyque Eau Des Sens Hair Mist||HK$ 380.38||Saks Fifth Avenue|
|Diptyque Do Son Eau De Parfum||HK$ 1,316.76||Saks Fifth Avenue|
|Diptyque Baies Scented Candle, 70g Colorless||HK$ 260.82||Mr Porter|
|Diptyque Set of 3 Votive Candles||HK$ 790.06||Saks Fifth Avenue|
|Diptyque Candle LID||HK$ 142.00||Farfetch|
|Diptyque Baies Scented Candle, 190g White||HK$ 454.02||Mr Porter|
|Diptyque Roses Scented Candle, 70g one size||HK$ 258.17||Net-A-Porter|
Diptyque is a French luxury goods brand inspired by the aesthetic and charm of ancient Greek. It has great price points and all their products are made with great care. When choosing a luxury perfume, there are a few things you need to think about so you can get a bang for your buck. This perfume 101 can give you all the information you need when you buy iconic Diptyque perfume.
Diptyque Hong Kong Best-Sellers
Diptyque Hong Kong has a “garden” or a collection utilizing twelve distinct flowers, each with an extraordinary backstory. The essences of these twelve ancient flowers are then used in Diptyque’s perfume formulas. The list below showcases some of Diptyque’s most popular perfumes and their characteristics.
- L’Eau. The brand’s oldest fragrance was inspired by a 16th-century potpourri recipe. It has notes of clove pomander, cinnamon, geranium, sandalwood, cloves, and rose.
- Do Son. A blend of tuberose, orange tree leaves, benzoin, iris, roses, and white musk.
- L’Ombre Dans L’Eau. This perfume has scents of a green riverside garden, using blackcurrant leaf and Bulgarian rose.
- It has a woody aroma with a blend of fig tree leaves and white cedar.
- Tam Dao. This unisex perfume has an oriental woody scent made from oriental goa sandalwood.
- Vetyverio. One of the latest perfumes to be released, Vetyverio has fruity notes of lemon, grapefruit, mandarin, ylang-ylang, bergamor, Turkish rose, geranium, vetiver, carrot seeds, nutmeg, apricot, clove, musk, and cedar.
- Eau Duelle. Another latest addition to Diptyque’s perfume collection. You can find notes of bergamot, cardamom, elemi, juniper, saffron, calamus, pink pepper, frankincense, cypriol, black tea, amber, and musk.
How to identify perfume scents
A perfume has more than just a “good” smell. In perfume-making, there are many things to consider in order to create the perfect formula. Usually, perfumes have three notes: top, middle or heart, and the base note. A note simply means the ingredients used in the perfume formula. Sometimes, a combination of notes can create a distinct fragrance called accord. The notes found in perfume are:
- Top Note – This is the first impression or scent of a perfume to reach the nose. This note has the lightest molecules in a perfume formula.
- Middle Note – The middle note is sometimes called the heart of the perfume. The middle note scent will gradually become more apparent. The longevity of the middle is somewhere between top and base note.
- Base Note – The base note will take a while to be apparent but will last the longest. The ingredients in the base note are usually the heaviest and it enhances the scent of other ingredients.
After figuring out the scent, try to determine the type of concentration. Fragrances normally have four major concentrations and they can affect the longevity and quality of the perfume. The concentrations from strongest to weakest are:
- Extrait or Extract: The strongest kind of perfume. It contains 20 to 40% of the perfume oil.
- Eau de Parfum: Usually contains 10 to 30% perfume oil.
- Eau de Toilette: This type of perfume has 5 to 20% perfume oil.
- Eau de Cologne: The weakest perfume with the shortest span. It contains 2 to 5% perfume oil.
Where to spray your perfume
The body heat you produce can help spread and amplify the perfume scent. There are specific places on your body where you can spritz on your fragrances. Keep reading to figure out the best places on your body to spray your perfumes on.
- Pulse points – Places like behind the ears, the wrists, inside the elbows, and behind the knees are all pulse points because here, the veins are closest to the skin. The heat in these areas can further intensify the fragrance.
- Hair – Perfumes can latch on easily to the fibres of your hair. However, be careful when applying fragrances with alcohol in it as it could dry out the hair.
- Collarbone – The décolletage area has many crevices due to its bone structure and in these crevices, the fragrances can settle in it and remain longer.
- Belly button – Just like the collarbone, the belly button’s crevice can reserve some of the perfume and extend the longevity of the scent.
- Ankles and calves – Planning to walk a lot? Then spray some of your perfume on your ankles and calves. The friction you create when walking will help magnify the scent.
When spraying your fragrances, make sure that you’re spraying it 5 to 7 inches away from the skin. Remember to moisturize your skin before applying the perfume so the scent can remain longer on your skin. After applying, never rub the fragrances as it reduces the perfume’s staying power. Other than that, try to not overdo it cause a little bit can go a long way.
Besides perfumes, there are other Diptyque products like scented candles, skin care, makeup, home décor, and bath & body. iPrice has discounts, and amazing deals if you want to grab the latest products from Diptyque Hong Kong!
Why is Diptyque so expensive?
The French-born brand Diptyque has been at the forefront of high-end candle making for decades. The candles are made manually, and production can only be done in small batches-hence, the hefty price tag.
What is the most popular Diptyque candle?
If you're looking for a long-lasting candle that will fill an entire home- or just a studio apartment- with a luxurious and relaxing scent, look no further. Here are some of Diptyque's best-selling candles:
- Paris En Fleur Candle: The limited-edition Paris En Fleur candle is a tribute to Paris, the city of a thousand faces and the birthplace of Diptyque. A delightfully fresh rose chypre scent with patchouli and a flurry of petals.
- Figuier/ Fig Tree Candle: The woody scent of fig trees stretching endlessly across a Mediterranean landscape. The fig tree in its enchanting entirety: the warmth of its bark, the freshness of its leaves, and the milky sap of its fruit.
- Baies/ Berries Candle: This smells of the tangy coolness of freshly picked blackcurrant berries. A few black bunches still have their leaves, their green and aromatic scent blending with the lively, flowery accents of rose.
- Feu De Bois/ Wood Fire Candle: Imagine it’s winter, the wood in the fireplace crackles as flames slowly consumes the logs, releasing their dense, smoky scent.
What does Diptyque mean?
Diptyque is a Paris-based luxury goods company that produces a high-end line of scented candles, perfumes, face, and body care. The name Diptyque is from Ancient Greek δίπτυχος (díptykhos) and it refers to a painting or sculpture composed of two panels.