Diptyque Hong Kong: Perfume 101
Diptyque is a French luxury goods brand inspired by the aesthetic and charm of ancient Greek. It has great price points and all their products are made with great care. When choosing a luxury perfume, there are a few things you need to think about so you can get a bang for your buck. This perfume 101 can give you all the information you need when you buy an iconic Diptyque perfume.
Diptyque Hong Kong Best-Sellers
Diptyque Hong Kong has a “garden” or a collection utilizing twelve distinct flowers, each with an extraordinary backstory. The essences of these twelve ancient flowers are then used in Diptyque’s perfume formulas. The list below showcases some of Diptyque’s most popular perfumes and their characteristics.
- L’Eau. The brand’s oldest fragrance was inspired by a 16th-century potpurri recipe. It has notes of clove pomander, cinnamon, geranium, sandalwood, cloves, and rose.
- Do Son. A blend of tuberose, orange tree leaves, benzoin, iris, roses, and white musk.
- L’Ombre dans L’Eau. This perfume has scents of a green riverside garden, using blackcurrant leaf and Bulgarian rose.
- It has a woody aroma with a blend of fig tree leaves and white cedar.
- Tam Dao. This unisex perfume has an oriental woody scent made from oriental goa sandalwood.
- Vetyverio. One of the latest perfumes to be released, Vetyverio has fruity notes of lemon, grapefruit, mandarin, ylang ylang, bergamor, Turkish rose, geranium, vetiver, carrot seeds, nutmeg, apricot, clove, musk, and cedar.
- Eau Duelle. Another latest addition to Diptyque’s perfume collection. You can find notes of bergamot, cardamom, elemi, juniper, saffron, calamus, pink pepper, frankincense, cypriol, black tea, amber, and musk.
How to identify perfume scents
A perfume has more than just a “good” smell. In perfume-making, there are many things to consider in order to create the perfect formula. Usually, perfumes have three notes: top, middle or heart, and the base note. A note simply means the ingredients used in the perfume formula. Sometimes, a combination of notes can create a distinct fragrance called accord. The notes found in perfume are:
- Top Note – This is the first impression or scent of a perfume to reach the nose. This note has the lightest molecules in a perfume formula.
- Middle Note – The middle note is sometimes called the heart of the perfume. The middle note scent will gradually become more apparent. The longevity of the middle is somewhere between top and base note.
- Base Note – The base note will take a while to be apparent but will last the longest. The ingredients in the base note are usually the heaviest and it enhances the scent of other ingredients.
After figuring out the scent, try to determine the type of concentration. Fragrances normally have four major concentrations and they can affect the longevity and quality of the perfume. The concentrations from strongest to weakest are:
- Extrait or Extract: The strongest kind of perfume. It contains 20 to 40% of perfume oil.
- Eau de Parfum: Usually contains 10 to 30% perfume oil.
- Eau de Toilette: This type of perfumes has 5 to 20% perfume oil.
- Eau de Cologne: The weakest perfume with the shortest span. Contains 2 to 5% perfume oil.
Where to spray your perfume
The body heat you produce can help spread and amplify the perfume scent. There are specific places on your body where you can spritz on your fragrances. Keep reading to figure out the best places on your body to spray your perfumes on.
- Pulse points – Places like behind the ears, the wrists, inside the elbows, and behind the knees are all pulse points because here, the veins are closest to the skin. The heat in these areas can further intensify the fragrance.
- Hair – Perfumes can latch on easily to the fibers of your hair. However, be careful when applying fragrances with alcohol in it as it could dry out the hair.
- Collarbone – The décolletage area has many crevices due to its bone structure and in these crevices, the fragrances can settle in it and remain longer.
- Belly button – Just like the collarbone, the belly button’s crevice can reserve some of the perfume and extend the longevity of the scent.
- Ankles and calves – Planning to walk a lot? Then spray some of your perfume on your ankles and calves. The friction you create when walking will help magnify the scent.
When spraying your fragrances, make sure that you’re spraying it 5 to 7 inches away from the skin. Remember to moisturize your skin before applying the perfume so the scent can remain longer on your skin. After applying, never rub the fragrances as it reduces the perfume’s staying power. Other than that, try to not overdo it cause a little bit can go a long way.
Besides perfumes, there are other Diptyque products like scented candles, skin care, makeup, home décor, and bath & body. iPrice has discounts, and amazing deals if you want to grab the latest products from Diptyque Hong Kong!