Keeping the ring traditions alive
The history of rings dates back as far as 6000 years ago, from the Hittite Civilization and Old Kingdom Egypt, made more popular by Greek and Roman fashion during the Ptolemaic dynasty. The practice of giving and receiving rings has been a tradition since its beginnings and still continues on to this day. Rings has been popular among jewellery adorers due to its magnificence, exuding a sense of magic and charm. Rings has not only been a fashion item but also symbolizes many different things based on the different designs.
You got me wrapped around your finger
One of the most popular symbolism of wearing rings is to show your commitment and love to your significant other. The engagement ring can be traced back to Ancient Rome and Ancient Egypt. A Roman bride-to-be were usually given two rings, a gold one which she wore in public and an iron one to be worn at home. In Ancient Egypt, the engagement ring represented a gateway to eternity. Also symbolizing your commitment to one another, it has been customary for husband and wife to wear wedding rings since World War 2. These rings are usually worn on the fourth finger on the left hand, also known as the ring finger. The reason for this being that it is believed that the left hand’s ring finger is directly connected to the heart by a vein.
Some fun facts about wedding and engagement rings
- In 17th Century Rome, the engagement ring was worn on either on the thumb, the middle finger or the right ring finger
- The engagement ring was called poise rings, symbolizing love and loyalty
- DeBeer’s iconic slogan “Diamonds are forever”, created by copywriter Frances Gerety in the 1940s convinced grooms-to-be that there could never be an engagement without a diamond engagement ring. Ironically, Gerety was never married
- A wedding ring is round shaped because a circle has no end, symbolizing eternity. It also represents the moon and the sun, both worshiped by the Ancient Egyptians.
- In some parts of India, bichiya (toe rings) are used instead of conventional wedding rings
Small but mighty
Rings are also a very popular fashion items among jewellery collectors and wearers. From dainty rings to chunky ones, a ring can make a huge impact to your fashion style. A simple ring for daily wear or a sparkly ring for a gala evening, there is one for pretty much any occasion. Originally made from metal, rings can now also be found in different materials. You can stack them or wear just one, rings are great to add a little something to admire on your hands. With the most expensive ring being Chopard’s Blue Diamond Ring valued at USD 16.26 million, it comes to no surprise how much people adore and enjoy wearing rings.
Desired designer rings that will perfectly fit your finger like a glove
Tiffany’s diamond engagement rings, Cartier’s love rings, Piaget’s exquisite statement rings. These are some of the popular iconic brands known worldwide for their designer rings and jewellery. You can also find beautiful ring designs from famous local brands such as Poh Kong, Tomei Diamond & Platinum and Wah Chan. Now you can easily find your ultimate accessory and adorn beautiful jewellery pieces on your fingers.
Some of the popular ring trends
- Stackable rings: If you are in a rush to head out and you don’t have time to jazz up your style, add stack rings and you are good to go.
- Midi rings: Would look perfect paired with a crop top and high waisted distressed jeans.
- Sparkly rings: Eye catching and will definitely make you the center of attention in any dinner parties. Who could say no to some bling on their finger?
Rings galore online with iprice.my
iprice.my has the largest variety of rings with prices ranging from RM 4.00 up to RM 6195.00. With hundreds of rings featured on this online site, everyone can find a ring unique to their taste. Simply browse, click on your desired ring, and get directed to the trusted website that offers you the very best customer services and quality products, as below:
- Kei Mag
- Say Fashion
In no time, your ideal ring will appear on your doorsteps, ready to be worn with pride. It is as simple as that! Your desired rings are waiting for you online to be worn!