What’s better than jewelry, you might ask? Jewelry that comes in sets, of course. If jewelry sets are already pricey enough, avoid spending more on expensive jewelry boxes and try these tips instead. Chances are you can find the needed materials right in your own home so you don’t have to go all out by purchasing unnecessary new items.
- Sort and Divide. To make sure your jewelry sets actually stay together, sort and divide them according to types, colors, and materials. This way, you can see which pair of earrings has a missing piece or which necklace or bracelet is starting to rust out. Throw away rarely-used jewelry and sort out those that needs cleaning and polishing.
- Reuse and Recycle. Keep earring and necklace sets together inside a reusable plastic bag and label them to keep track of the content. To store these plastic bags, you can put it inside repurposed cardboard boxes and even takeout boxes.
- Compartmentalize. Do you have unused teacups or saucers laying around in your house? You can clean and customize them to create a makeshift jewelry display. You can even turn unused muffin tins to keep smaller jewelry sets like rings and earrings.
- Protect Your Jewels. Jewelry like pearl sets, diamond sets, ruby sets, or any other jewelry sets that were made with valuable gems, need to be protected properly. If you happen to own one or more of these expensive jewels, you can try investing in an all-in-one jewelry box that could also act as a watch box and tie display.
- Make Use of That DIY skill. You can create your own jewelry display cases with materials you can find in and around your home like a painted piece of bark, corkboard, pins, unused cheese grater, radiator grills, and key hooks. You can hang your necklace and earrings easily while adding a bit of splash to your room.
Cleaning and Polishing Your Jewelry Sets
Now that you know the fun ways to organize your jewelry sets, it’s time to learn how to maintain the appearance and longevity of your accessories. Here are some household items that can work wonders on your dirty and rusty jewelry sets.
- Baking soda – Eliminate tarnish from silver if mixed with water. Do not use with pearl sets or gemstones.
- Club soda – For your gem jewelry sets, soak them overnight in a glass of club soda to restore their sheen.
- Toothpaste – Brush your diamond jewelry sets with a bit of toothpaste and an old toothbrush.
- Vinegar - Silver jewelry sets can shine like new again if you mix vinegar and baking soda together. This goes great for silver kitchenware, too.
- Beer – Clean solid gold jewelry sets by pouring a bit of beer onto a clean, soft cloth. Do not use dark ale or stout.
- Vodka – Dip a napkin or cloth into vodka to wipe the grime off your diamond jewelry. If you’re feeling bold, you can even dunk the jewelry completely in vodka for a few minutes.
Browse through our extensive jewelry set collection here on iPrice Hong Kong. Other separate accessories like necklaces, rings, bracelets, and anklets are available as well with discount prices that iPrice will always offer.