Louis Vuitton-From a personal box maker to a world renowned designer house.
- Louis Vuitton Monogram – A statement in its own right
- Louis Vuitton Bags – A girl’s best friend
- Louis Vuitton- Take control of your luxurious style with great deals.
The most iconic name, Louis Vuitton is no stranger to the fashion industry or the world. Everything produced under the Louis Vuitton’s name had the luxuriousness, classiness and elegance woven into the very heart of its product.
Louis Vuitton rose to success back in 1854 when his first company was opened in Rue Neuve des Capucines, Paris. He who was originally a luggage maker for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo, wife of Napoleon Bonaparte. It was then that he realized that the flat trunks could be stacked up, not like the round ones that were extremely popular at the current time. When Louis Vuitton introduced his flat-bottom trunks in 1958, the whole of France went berserk. Everywhere and everyone, luggage makers and malletiers started using Vuitton’s design as their foundation.
In 1986, the famous monogram canvass was introduced to the whole world and by 1913, everyone wanted a piece of this extravagance. Stores bloomed up like mushrooms after a heavy downpour in New York, Bombay, Washington, London, Alexandria, Buenos Aires and soon after, the whole world.
In 1987, the largest Luxury conglomerate in the world, LVMH was created when Louis Vuitton joined forces with Moët et Chandon and Hennessy. Today, big names in the fashion world like Celine, Givenchy, Kenzo, Marc Jacobs, Fendi, Christian Dior etc. are proudly backed by LVMH. Just like what the slogan says in the first Louis Vuitton store, “Securely packs the most fragile object. Specializing in packing fashion”, Louis Vuitton is the master of presenting fashion in the most luxurious and glamourous way.
Every brand has its own way of standing out among the crowd. For Chanel, it’s their elegance, Prada, its modernity and for Louis Vuitton, it centers on glamour and luxury. Another distinctive aspect of this label is its monogram pattern that is the most iconic and decipherable insignia in the fashion industry.
Designed by George Vuitton, the son on Louis Vuitton in 1896, the ultra-famous Monogram Canvas was a unique pattern that is composed of flowers, a universal and timeless symbol, diamonds and the entwined Louis Vuitton initials. This pattern was actually based on the fad of using Japanese and Oriental patterns in the late Victorian era and the fabric is crafted out of durable vinyl coated canvas.
Some fun facts about this Monogram canvas.
- Associated with natural, vegetable-tanned vachetta cowhide leather.
- The leather stars with a white tone that gets darker over time, turning it into a rich caramel or amber color.
- The easily scratched leather is a direct story of everything the bag has gone through, which makes the bag unique.
- Water resistant and can easily be wiped clean with a damp clean
For LV’s 100th year anniversary, 6 prominent names presented a timeless collection of style for the “Celebrating Monogram” project.
“The Monogram is the timeless icon of the Maison Louis Vuitton. It has lived through the brand’s countless evolutions, never losing its essence. The leading testament of the fashion house’s success, it was only natural that we should pay homage to it” – Delphine Arnault (executive vice president of Louis Vuitton)
These iconclasts are
- Karl Lagerfeld- designed a trio of traveling cases; Punching Bag, Punching Suitcase and Punching Trunk
- Frank Gehry- gave the LV handbag a different structural re-think with theTwisted Box.
- Cindy Sherman- designed theStudio in the TrunkandCamera Messenger
- Marc Newson- Fleece Pack of backpacks
- Christian Louboutin- incorporated the soles of his red shoes with the monogram into theShopping BagandShopping Trolley
- Rei Kawakubo- designed a Bag with Holes to reveal the totes inner lining.
Loved by celebrities like Rihanna, Sarah Jessica Parker, Naomi Campbell, Fan Bingbing and many others, the Louis Vuitton handbag has been a cult item of the fashion elite for many years. Though the company has designed many different styles over the years, here are the top 10 that never faded out of the racks nor the minds of many.
- The Speedy Bag
- Having been in the market for more than 80 years, this bag is a timeless beauty. Its simple design is perfect for any occasion while its shape makes women of all shapes happy.
- The Neverfull Tote
- This bag was first introduced in 2007 and has become the one of the designer’s most successful bags. It varies in sizes, from the small PM size to the large GM size and available in both leather and canvas style.
- The Petite Malle Mini-Trunk
- This bag is part of the debut collection from Nicholas Ghesquière. It is translated literally to “little trunk” and is a tribute to the brand’s beginning in luxury leather and full-size trunk.
- The Tivoli GM
- A bag that is designed for everyday use, this bag features adjustable handles that can be sued as a hand carry or shoulder wear.
- The Totally MM
- This bag is designed especially for those who are always losing things in the crevices of a purse. It features pockets both inside and outside the bag for easier access.
- The Palermo PM
- The bag is designed with suit a wearer with a slimmer body, and features side pockets and a shoulder strap.
- The Noé
- The Noé is the second oldest creation of Louis Vuittons handbag collection which first made its debut in 1932. It was originally created for a champagne manufacturer to transport five bottle stylishly.
- The Delightful
- Introduced in 2010 as an everyday shoulder bag, this bag features a casual hobo shape and cowhide edging.
- The Lockit
- This bag features a rounded top and attached side padlock which appeared alongside the ad-campaign starring Michelle William.
- The Alma
- The Alma is available in wide variety of colors that are both vibrant and classic. It has a zipped closure with padlock that adds practicality to the bag.
No more admiring from afar for now, Louis Vuitton can be easily delivered to your doorstep with just the click of a few buttons. You can say goodbye to moving from one tab to another for at iprice, everything that you crave for, from the limited edition ones to the classic designs, everything is available on one platform. Get the best value for money from these amazing merchants:
Take a pick from these categories: