- Eye Shadow Hong Kong: For That Pop of Colour
- Tips and Tricks when Applying Eye Shadows
- Eye Shadow Hong Kong: What Attractive Eyes You Have!
Cosmetics have been around for quite a while as humans are obsessed with pursuing their idea of beauty. While eye makeup has been around for ages, the eye shadows that we are familiar with today only came about in the early 20th century. That was the era when chemists were focused on improving the quality of the eye shadows by making them easier to be removed.
Eye shadow is always applied on the eyelids and under the eyebrows (though there are certain looks that may call for a different way of application). This makeup product is used to make the wearer’s eyes stand out or to draw attention to themselves. Eye shadow is available in a variety of colours, finishes as well as types. Among the most commonly found types of eye shadows are:
- Powder Eye shadows
- Recommended for people with oily skin as this eye shadow type is drier and less likely to crease. Powder eye shadows give a natural, soft finish and is easy to build the colour when using more than one eye shadow.
- Cream Eye shadows
- This type of eye shadow has a longer wear time when compared to Powder Eye shadows. People who use this type prefer them for their shimmery texture as well as how easily two colours can be blended together.
- Sticks and Crayon-type Eye shadows
- The easiest to apply among the eye shadow types as it does not need an applicator of its own. It can be used either as an eye shadow or as an eye liner.
- Loose Powder Eye shadows
- Often available in shimmers or glitters, this eye shadow type is easy to apply and long lasting. They work well with oily skin types as they contain ingredients that help them stick to the skin. These are great to be used for a fun night out.
Whether you are new or old to the world of eye shadows, here are some tips that you should know to get the best results possible from your eye shadows:
- Use eye primer before applying your eye shadow. Eye primers would help solve the problems of oily lids, creased lids, smearing or fading of eye shadows as well as makes your eye shadow look better.
- Invest in quality eye shadow brushes so that you can blend your eye shadows well for a great look.
- If you are looking to make the colours of your eye shadows pop, then use a white base first before applying your eye shadow. (after you apply your primer of course!)
- Tap off any excess from your brush before applying your eye shadow as this will prevent over-application and minimize flaking.
- Use small patting and dabbing motions when applying your eye shadow
Shop for the best eye shadows here on iprice at affordable prices! We highly recommend that you invest in the following brands as their eye shadow products are a worthwhile addition to your makeup collection: