Whether you are a professional makeup artist or a total newbie to the world of cosmetics, the most basic tool that you will need is definitely a concealer. It is like a magic wand to your skin, read here to understand more about the power of concealer.
5 Glitter-tastic Makeup Products that are Lit AF
Glitter brings nostalgia to a lot of people, especially those who were born in the 90s and early 2000s; it covered our whole beings like butter on a cob of corn. From clear lip gloss to your lids, lips, and even your roots, it was the epitome of the 90s
Top Concealers Price List 2019
|Top 10 products||Price||Store|
|Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Concealer||HK$ 363.92||Saks Fifth Avenue|
|Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer||HK$ 210.00||Sephora|
|NYX Concealer Wand||HK$ 62.20||HQhair|
|Pixi Pat Away Concealing Base||HK$ 135.00||Sephora|
|NUDESTIX Concealer Pencil||HK$ 195.00||Sephora|
|NYX Concealer Jar||HK$ 62.20||HQhair|
|Innisfree Mineral Cover Fit Concealer||HK$ 34.06||Cosmetic Love|
|Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Flawless Wear Concealer||HK$ 204.03||Strawberrynet|
|Pixi Correction Concentrate||HK$ 94.17||iHerb|
|NUDESTIX Blur Pencil||HK$ 195.00||Sephora|
“People will stare. Make it worth their while.” – Harry Winston. Makeup is truly the most effective confidence booster for every lady. And a makeup kit is never complete without a concealer. Having the right concealer does not only cover your imperfections but also helps to beautify your makeup look.
Step 1: Which Type of Concealer to Use
You have to master the use of both Foundation and Concealer when putting on makeup. While foundation acts as a base to your makeup, it is certainly not complete without a touch of concealer in an effort to build a flawless skin tone. The order of the steps depends on which type of foundation that you choose.
- Liquid foundation first then concealer.
- Concealer first then powder foundation.
Step 2: Create a Corrective Makeup Base
The basic step to create corrective makeup base is using concealer to cover your dark circles. Start by drawing a triangle right below your eye with the end point reaches your cheek then blend evenly. It will brighten up your face more naturally instead of filling it up in a circular blending motion. Use the remaining concealer (on your brush or finger) to dab on the eyelids to keep your eye shadow last longer without spending on an eye shadow primer.
Step 3: Cover Imperfections
When covering your pimples, make sure to apply the green concealer using a clean brush in a single day on the pimple spot first. After that, you can blend the concealer that matches your skin tone with a cotton swab without spreading the bacteria that could lead to even more pimples. On a side note, besides green concealer that is used for red spots like pimples and blemishes, there are two more concealer colors as follows:
- Peach shaded concealer is applied for the blue shadow under your eyes.
- Orange shaded concealer is applied for evening makeup to highlight your face.
Concealer can also be used to define your eyeliner. Dip your angled brush in the same concealer that has been applied before and draw along the liner where you want to cover the mistakes.
What Type of Concealer do You Need?
Just like any other cosmetics, there are plenty of different concealers that serve different makeup needs. Knowing what works best for you is just as important as learning how to apply it on your face. Here is a brief guide to the most commonly used concealers.
High coverage concealer
- Cream concealer - best for matte look as well as covering pimples
- Body Stick - a simple and easier way to cover tattoos, birthmarks, and scars.
- Stick concealer - similar effect to cream concealer and more versatile to carry in your bag.
Medium coverage concealer
- Pencil concealer - you can use it to create contours and highlights. The trick is: 2 shades darker for contouring and 2 shades brighter for highlighting.
- Liquid concealer - easy to use and blend to ensure even skin tone, especially suitable for beginners.
Light coverage concealer
- Pen concealer with metal tip - best used for dark circles and the metal tip helps to avoid puffiness.
- Pen concealer with brush tip - it is versatile for fast concealing with a built in brush.
Don’t hesitate when it comes to investing in the right makeup kit. It has the power to uplift your confidence in a magical way. Up your makeup game with more dazzling colors, start with concealer on iprice Hong Kong!