About Lipsticks Hong Kong
- Lipsticks Hong Kong: Lipsticks 101
- Lipstick Hong Kong: Adding colour to your life and your lips
- Lipsticks Hong Kong: The ultimate iconic must-haves
If you are no beauty expert nor makeup aficionado, then you have landed on just the right page. Let our team of beauty guru lead you into the beautiful world of colours with everything you need to know about lipsticks.
- Finding the stick that suits you best: Unfortunately, not all colours are for everyone and their different skin tone. It’s best to test the colours first against your skin before you make a decision.
- Deciding between Satin, Matte and Gloss: Between the different textures, how do you decide between them? Our advice, test away. A subtle gloss is perfect for your daytime look but reserve satins and matte when you are going out.
- Drugstore VS Designers: Though it might be true that splurging for quality lipstick is so totally worth it, drugstores are also known to have their hidden gems plus, you can try them out and they don’t break your bank.
Every day, with one new shade being created, there are over one million and one lipsticks for you to choose from. But do you know which colours are suitable for when? Take some beneficial tips from our guide and be lipstick-ready.
- Work Days – Nude : When you work 9-5 in an office and all you see are different cubicles and meeting rooms, its best to stick to something more neutral, Your lipstick means business, nothing hanky-panky. You can add drama to your eyes for nudes compliments heavy eye make-up.
- Midnight shenanigans- Plum : When you are planning to paint the town red, do not paint your mouth red. When you are moving from one club to another, you need a shade that allows you to stand out. The shimmering dark plum lipstick represents the ‘work hard, play hard’ statement.
- Girl’s Night Out – Bold Red : No matter if you are meeting with your girlfriends over brunch or for a hen’s night, this fiery lipstick must be worn. It’s empowering, feisty and brings the attention up to your mouth.
- Date Night – Coral : When you are out to meet your boo, your other half, you make up should be on point without trying too hard. This coral tone is perfect when you are looking for the laidback kind of look without missing the element of alluring.
- Weekends back at home – Bright Pink : Family gathering can sometimes require the extra dash of femininity. So since pink is all about being girly, this shade is never to leave home without being on your lips.
Before you die, here are the 12 glorious creation that must be on your lips at least once. Then your soul would be able to rest in peace.
- MAC Lipstick in Ruby Woo : The lipstick that was created to last through hours of eating, drinking and kissing (and yes, it does not leave any evidence, shush). You need this lipstick, this beautiful shade of red that works wonders on everyone.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Fire & Ice : The world’s best red that that has been selling like hot cakes since the 1950s. This glamorous Hollywood red is the only red that you want in your life.
- YSL Rouge Pur Couture in No. 19 Fuschia : This bold yet sophisticated shade of purple is the very first shade that was created by Monsieur Saint Laurent in 1979. Although he created history with his other collection, this remained his best-seller.
- Rouge Dior in Iconic 999 : The finest, universally flattering shade of red – this classic piece does not come as a surprise when it’s the brand’s best seller.
- Gucci Luxurious Moisture-Rich Lipstick in Iconic Red : This gorgeous shade has the best formula in it, it keeps your lips moisturized all day long. Perfect shade without drying your lips, what more do you need?