- History of Microsoft
- Most Recent Microsoft Products
- Fun Facts About Microsoft
- Recent News on Microsoft
- iprice Loves Microsoft and Here is Why...
What started off as a childhood friendship between the co-founders, Paul Allen and Bill Gates, led to one of the most prominently successful multinational technology company. The company was first established on the 4th of April 1975 with Gates as CEO and Allen as the inventor of the name, ‘Micro-soft’. As Microsoft entered the OS business in 1980, after the collaboration with IBM, the company launched Microsoft Windows on the 20th November 1985. Five years down the line, the company released its own office suite, Microsoft Office. It had the basic office productivity applications such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
In accordance to Gates’ internal ‘Internet Tidal Wave memo’ on the 26th May 1995, the company began to redefine what it offers and expanded its product line into computer networking and the World Wide Web. Windows 95 was launched 24th August 1995 and it featured pre-emptive multitasking, a completely new user interface with a novel start button, and 32-bit compatibility.
In effort to continuingly be innovative and up-to-date with the latest technologies, Microsoft underwent a gradual rebranding of its products from the corporation’s logos, products, services, and websites with the adaptation of the principles and concepts of the Metro design language. Windows 8 was revealed on June 2011 as an operating system improvement from its predecessors that could power both the personal computer and tablet platforms.
Now, Microsoft is the leading proprietor of advancement technology behind most bought and used consumer and business products.
We could guarantee that you are currently browsing this section of our website using a laptop or computer running a Windows Operating System. You are most probably are on the hype train with the newly improved Windows 10, right? Microsoft has everything from hardware that allows you to capture moments in your life to software that allows easement in your day-to-day routine. You can do more of what you love—from sharing photos to staying fit, or from organizing your family to modernizing your business. Below is the list of products by Microsoft:
- Office 365 Home/Personal/University/Business
- Office 2013
- Office for Mac
- Surface 3
- Surface 3 Bundle
- Surface Pro 3
- Surface Hub
- Xbox One
- Xbox 360
- Xbox Live
- Xbox Music Pass
- Lumia 640
- Lumia 735
- Lumia 640 XL
- Microsoft Band
- Windows Software
- Windows 10
- Windows 10 Home
- Windows 10 Pro
- Windows 8.1
- Visual Studio 2015
- The far-famed Xbox gaming console was launched in the same year Microsoft released its Windows XP. This jump into the gaming market marked the start of aggressive rivalries with powerhouses like Sony and Nintendo.
- An operation system that focuses on features, security, and a redesigned user interface dubbed, ‘Aero’, Windows Vista was released in January 2007. At the same time, Microsoft Office 2007 was released with the added feature of the ‘Ribbon’ user interface which was a significant departure from its predecessors.
- When the smartphone industry bloomed in the beginning of 2007, the company started off with their Windows Mobile but revamped it into Windows Phone OS. This put them into the same running with their rivals; Apple and Google.
- Upon the launching of Windows 8 and the Microsoft Surface, the company launched the Outlook.com webmail service to compete with Gmail and Windows Server 2012. Also, Windows Phone 8 was launched three days after the initial release of Windows 8.
- As Microsoft upped the ante in the gaming market in 2013 by including the Kinect, a motion sensing input devices by Microsoft, with the next-generation console, Xbox One. The Kinect uses an ultra-wide 1080p camera that can function in the dark due to an infrared sensor, employs higher-end processing power and new software, distinguishes between fine movements, and determines users’ heart rates by facial recognition.
- Windows 10 was released on the 29thJuly 2015 free-of-charge to users of genuine copies of eligible editions of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. The new operating system introduces a universal application architecture; expanding on Metro-style apps that are designed to be able to run across multiple Microsoft product families including PCs, tablets, smartphones, embedded systems, Xbox One, Surface Hub, and HoloLens. It also introduces Task View, a virtual desktop system, the Microsoft Edge web browser, integrated support for fingerprint and face recognition login, new security features, DirectX 12, WWDM 2.0.
One of the most exciting feature of the new operating system from Microsoft, Windows 10, is Cortana. Cortana is an intelligent personal assistant that is able to set reminders, recognize natural voice without the user having to input a predefined series of commands, and answer questions using the information from Bing like current weather and traffic conditions, sports scores, and biographies. Cortana is also able to recognize music through her music recognition service and she can integrate with the Microsoft Band for Windows Phones.
Being multinational technology company that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, and personal computers, what’s not to love about it? Best known for its software products like the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office suite, and Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers, with the addition of flagship hardware like the Xbox gaming consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablets, you can never get enough of them. Considered as one of the world’s most valuable companies, Microsoft is here to stay, if not thrive, in our technological-driven lives. iprice has most of the exciting new products from Microsoft, PLUS promotions and deals you can’t get anywhere else! So, on the ‘surface’ of everything, we love Microsoft. Why don’t you show us your love towards it by browsing and purchasing their products here at iprice?