When it comes to first impression, your overall appearance might be extra important but no one like individuals who smell worst that the garbage truck, which is why the alluring scent of perfumes plays an important role. Men and women alike are both attracted by the right scent and it is also one of the traits to define one’s personal style essence. As one of the coolest brand around. Paco Rahanne positions themselves at the cutting-edge of fashion and controversy. Their extravagant style and slick look has been a heavy influence in their fragrance collection. Discover Paco Rabanne perfume for her and for him featuring best-selling lines like 1 Million, Lady Million and Invictus.
Born in 1934, Paco Rabanne is a man that who created waves or better said as links between the world of fashion and architecture during the `1960s.
Formally trained as an architect, Rabanne got his first taste for fashionwhile he was in school, drawing fashion sketches for Dior and Givenchy as well as shoe sketches for Charles Jourdan.Rabanne, a Spaniard from the Basque region, made his own mark on fashion when he launched a line of colourful plastic accessories in geometric shapes or spring 1965 that the fashion press overwhelmingly praised.Not only were they plastic, they were large and eye-catching—layered square, circle, and rectangular earrings; circular arm cuffs; and even vinyl visors in shocking colours like chartreuse or a vibrant orange. When he later added accessories for feet and ankles all made from beautiful malleable plastic that flaunted their immediacy, affordability and expandability, which immediately changed the whole fashion scene.
He later on translated his take on plastic into a collection of dresses with various geometric shapes like diamonds, rectangles, or circles were crafted from thin sheets of Rhodoid that were then linked together to form futuristic looking dresses that resembled plates of armor. The dresses worked with, not against, the limitations of the material and their silhouettes echoed the fashions of the time such as a mini-skirted jumper or a fishtail evening dress. Alterations were made not with needle and thread, but with pliers.Vogue called it a “sensational collection of modern clothes” whileWWDannounced that New Yorkers were “bowled over by his outer space dresses.”
Today, as one of the leaders in the fashion industry Paco Rabanne is a brand that innovates and challenges the very notion of a textile and his influences are still felt today particularly in the realm of 3D printing. His designs overturned and redefined the fashion system declaring everything he did as new, creating trends for other to follow.
From bold fashion cut out from metal to code-breaking perfumes, Paco Rabanne is an innovative brand that evokes strong emotions. Striking, daring, light-hearted, and provocative, its fragrances leave strong, memorable impressions. Their extravagant style and slick look has been a heavy influence in their fragrance line. For him, their aftershaves express a taste for money, sparkling cars and dangerous games. For her, their perfumes exude glamour, sass and sexiness.
Here are our top 3 favourite perfumes from Paco Rabanne.
- Paco Rabanne Invictus
- Latin for “unconquered,” Invictus is the fragrance of a champion. Inspired by sporting and the thrill of competition, this aquatic, woody fragrance blends the excitement of sport with dreamlike elements that celebrate victory and power. A truly magnetic scent, it embodies masculine strength. The unique trophy bottle—the first such in perfumery—was designed by renowned French designer Cedric Ragot.
Notes:Grapefruit, Guaiac Wood, Patchouli.
Style:Masculine. Seductive. Fresh.
- Paco Rabanne 1 Million
- This high-impact fragrance creates a multifaceted signature of masculinity. The freshness of grapefruit invites you into this audacious scent, combining in the top notes with mint and blood mandarin. Striking and assertive middle notes follow with a refined yet virile combination of rose, cinnamon, and spicy notes. The base notes evoke the ultimate velvety harmony of leather, white wood, amber and Indonesian patchouli essences. Once combined, the result is not merely one fragrance but an elegant, one-of-a kind intermingling of essences.
For the iconic bottle, the house of Paco Rabanne tapped the famous industrial designer Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance. Referencing Rabanne's legendary use of metallic colors in fashion, this bottle reinterprets the simple yet breathtakingly beautiful bar of gold. Its "Wild West" type design is a masculine tribute to the pioneers of our childhood memories.
Notes: Frosted Grapefruit, Blood Mandarin, Peppermint, Rose Absolute, Musk, Cinnamon Bark, Blond Leather, Tonka Bean, Patchouli, White Wood, Amber Ketal.
Style: Fresh. Spicy. Leather.
- Paco Rabanne 1 Million Intense
- The new fragrance from Paco Rabanne conjures images of a world of golden flamboyance and elegance where bold scents share leading roles with seduction and sensuality.The searing, slightly citric top note plays across a garden of spicy tones. Sweet cardamom vies with intense black pepper and mixes into sparkling blood mandarin. Mellow saffron and warm scents of nutmeg and cumin entangle themselves in the senses. Intense and refined, the heart is captured by rose absolute, the zest of cinnamon with its delectable charm, and sublime neroli.
- The base opts for daring and unexpected woody encounters. Bold sandalwood balances with the vibrant and textured character of spicy pepperwood. Finally, leather casts a light on butter of iris, giving the fragrance a distinctly sexy trail.
Notes: Sweet Cardamom, Black Pepper, Blood Mandarin, Saffron, Nutmeg, Cumin, Rose Absolute, Cinnamon, Neroli, Sandalwood, Pepperwood, Leather.
Style: Elegant. Bold. Seductive.