When the flowers starts blooming, you know that spring is here. And with that, the classic gladiator sandals revival is unavoidable. Do not be shocked to when you find yourself in an elevator with a modern day Greek goddess or waiting in line for your coffee with an urban Amazonian. You’ll be able to recognize her by her shoe, gladiator sandals that crisscross up lithesome, bared legs or playing peek-a-boo out from under a flowy midi.
- Gladiator Sandals, How it all started
- Put your best foot forward in a pair of Gladiators
- Step up your sandal game with Gladiators
It all started out as the basic and utilitarian type of footwear, strapping their foot to something solid while offering them protection. But that changed with this pair of footwear quickly became a sign of sex, status, rank and fashion. In the ancient and modern art, the gladiator sandals were often worn by gods, and in ancient Rome, the street of this leather footwear was often related back to the statue of Apollo, their patron deity.
Today, without taking off their mark in the fashionable world, the strapped on gladiator is again having a renaissance for spring. No matter if you are channelling your inner warrior princess, Zena’s look or lacing it up for Coachella, a pair of gladiator sandals can change you into a contemporary Greek goddess.
One thing about these Gladiator Sandals is that they can be worn with almost everything. From maxi dresses, skater skirts to shorts, these straps are sure to add drama to your ensemble. But before go ahead and start incorporating them into your wardrobe, its best to know which the height of straps that would suit you the best.
It all begins with choosing the right type:
The best option for women with slender legs no matter long or short but a total no no for those with thick legs as they tend to accentuate that area more.
If you have long, sexy legs, then knee-high gladiator sandals are designed especially for you, but never for those with slender but corgi legs.
The safest choice as it goes with most body shapes. Unfortunately, not for the ladies with think ankles or muscular legs. If you insist on getting an ankle-high gladiator sandals no matter what, then its best to opt for a style in nude to avoid drawing the attention to your think ankles.
The gladiator sandals is the best when it comes to versatility and not to mention fabulously stylish, making this type of footwear a total must have for this season. Here are some ways you can jazz up your style in a pair of gladiator sandals.
- An off-shoulder denim mini dress paired with a fringed suede sling bag and a pair of mid-calf gladiator sandals, the perfect balanced summer look.
- Take it up a notch with knee-length gladiator sandals with cropped denim shorts and an loose boyfriend tee.
- Loose white blouse, front button denim skirt and mid-calf gladiator sandals, nothing can go wrong with this look.
- High slit maxi dress, loads of boho jewellery and finish off with the perfect knee-high gladiators for the next music festival.
- Ankle length gladiator sandals plays well with skinnies worn with a svelte crop tops or sloppy, loose tees.
Wait no more, get the best suited gladiator sandals for you only at iprice and make the streets around you your own personal runway.