Germs is just everywhere around us, and there is just no running away from it. These germs carries things that you never want in your body and thanks to the modern technology, there are many ways you can you can be germs free. The one way that we will be talking about today will be by the power of hand sanitizers. Frequently cleaning your hands with the different type of sanitizers that are out there in the market can really slow down and even diminish the spread of germs. And did we tell you how handy they can be when you don’t have soap or water anywhere near you?
- So what exactly is a hand sanitizer?
- Proper ways of making full use of the hand sanitizers
- 8 other uses for hand sanitizers
*Scary fact – Do you know that 89% of common infection including the H1N2 flu virus can be spread through contaminated hands.
Which is why proper hand hygiene the most important first-line defence against the spread of swine flu and while they are the vital part of keeping yourself healthy, good old soap and water won’t always be near you when you desperately need them – say when you get an unexpected big-bear hug from a runny-nosed pre-schooler, when you are travelling in a car to taxi or when you are working outdoors somewhere remote).
This is where alcohol-based sanitizers come to the rescue. The recommended hand sanitizers that works effectively against germs and whatnot should contain 60% - 80% alcohol as an excellent way to clean your hands when you are nowhere near the sink. And if you are not convinced on how this little bottle of gel can really get your paws free of germs, then continue reading. We will surely be able to bring you to the sanitizer side. According to microbiologists everywhere, hand sanitizers cleans your hands much better than soap and water, so it reduces the bacterial burden to a much greater extent than soap and water.
- Squirt the hand sanitizer into the palm of your hand.
Before thando make sure your hand is free of any organic stuff. It should be about the size of a quarter.
- Start rubbing your hands together. You should be sure to get every spot and not miss out any parts – get it in between your finger, under your rings or any other hand jewellery.
- Rub until you feel like there is nothing else on your hand – until it is really absorbed.
If you like you go the old fashion ‘I only wash my hand with soap and water way’, then we hope these different ways might just change your mind about keeping a hand sanitizer near you always.
- Disinfect other object
- These hand sanitizers can also be used for things around your house like your keyboard and mouse or anywhere around town (grocery shopping, high chair and table tops in restaurants)
- Smart phone screen shiner
- Squirt just a tiny bit onto your phone’s screen and rub it gentry with a cloth. Not only does clean away smudges and oil, it also disinfects!
- Stain remover
- If you have that beautiful dress but you can’t wear it
anymorethanks to that little permanent marker or paint stain, hand sanitizers helps in blotting out the stain.
- Pimple treatment
- Though it might sound crazy, this really works. It clears up acne by drying the pimple up, reducing itching and redness.
- Glue remover
- Tired of that sticky residue left behind from price tags or labels? Just squirt a bit of hand sanitizer on the adhesive and scrub gently with a brush or washcloth.
- Hair Gel
- Keep your flyaways and baby hair in check with hand sanitizers. It seriously tames your hair down.
- Public toilet rescue
- This doesn’t even need explanation. You know how disgusting public toilets can be and without this sanitizer, there is just no way are you going to go anywhere near that seat.