The struggle to find the perfect foundation or base color for your skin tone is understandable. With affordable makeup from Sleek MakeUP Hong Kong, shopping for makeup can be easier and less stressful, as they offer a range of different shades perfect for every woman of color.
Understanding Your Skin Tone
Sleek MakeUP offers products for all sorts of skin color but before buying your Sleek cosmetics, understanding your skin tones and undertones can ease the process. Keep in mind that skin tone and undertone are two different things. It’s possible for you to have rosy complexion and have yellow undertones. Normally, skin tones come in four categories: fair, light, medium and dark, but many women of color have skin tones in between of any of those categories. Other than that, there are three main types of skin undertones are:
- Warm: yellow, peachy, or golden
- Cool: pink, ruddy, or bluish
- Neutral: no obvious undertones, natural color is more apparent
To determine your undertone, first, look at the veins on your wrists. If the veins appear bluish or purple, then you have a cool undertone. If it appears green, then your undertone is most likely warm. If it’s too ambiguous and you can’t tell if it’s green or blue, then your undertone might be neutral.
Next, pay attention to how your skin reacts to the sun. The amount of melanin in your skin can actually help determine your skin tone. Women with more melanin and warm or neutral skin tone, they tend to tan easily and rarely burn. For women with less melanin and cool skin tone, their skin would burn and hardly tans. Darker women with a lot of melanin might not burn easily but their skin tone could be on the cooler side.
Another way to determine undertone is by holding a piece of white paper next to your face. When the skin appears yellowish, you have a warm undertone. If it appears as rosy or bluish, then you have a cooler undertone. Grey skin can mean you probably have an olive complexion with a neutral undertone that mixes the green and yellow undertones to create this effect.
If you’re at the makeup store, try smearing a little bit of foundation or concealer on your jawline or neck to determine if it’s the right shade for your tone. Also, try to apply it on an area with discoloration to determine whether you need a color correcting product to apply before your base product.
What to do with your contour and highlight
After you have specified your skin complexion and undertone to pick your base products, using the right shade of contour and highlight is important as well. The tips below can guide you when highlighting and contouring the natural features of your face.
- Do choose the right color. Highlights and concealer are supposed to be one or two shades lighter than your foundation, but not drastically. Sleek offers makeup sets with varying shades to match your natural skin tone.
- Don’t overuse the product. Harsh lines are a big offense in the makeup community. Applying the contour lightly can create a seamless transition between the contour and the highlight. Sleek MakeUP Cream Contour Kit are highly pigmented, so a little can go a long way.
- Do blend and bake. As stated above, harsh lines are to be avoided when contouring. Use a beauty blender, a blending brush, or even your fingers to smooth out any harsh lines and create that seamless transition. After doing the contour and highlight process, bake your highlight with translucent or finishing powder so your Sleek MakeUP can last all day and night.
- Don’t change your natural face structure. Try to complement the features instead. Contouring should provide a natural, non-surgical facelift. When applied on the right places, contour and highlight can enhance your face without you having to go under the scalpel.
Complement your base & contour with other Sleek MakeUP products
Besides base and contour products with a wide range of shades, Sleek MakeUP Hong Kong offers eye makeup, blushes, and lipsticks that can complement any skin tones. Sleek MakeUP’s eyeshadow palettes are highly pigmented so women of color don’t need to apply heaps of shadow to perfect their eye makeup.
The Sleek MakeUP lipsticks are also available in many colors that won’t wash out or clashes with your skin tone. The lipsticks are hydrating, long-lasting, and moisturizing, perfect for all types of lips. Other than lipstick, there are also Sleek MakeUP lip gloss, lip liner, lip balm, and matte lipstick.
No matter what your skin color is, Sleek MakeUP will definitely carry makeup products in the shade that best suits you. Get your own perfect and affordable Sleek MakeUP shades from online stores like Hermo, Lazada, and Sephora.