- Vitamin E Hong Kong: What is Vitamin E?
- Vitamin E Hong Kong: Why do you need vitamin E?
- Don’t pair your Vitamin E supplement with these foods
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble nutrient found in many foods like pumpkin, almond, avocado, papaya, spinach and broccoli. Vitamin E is also an important antioxidant that helps our body to combat free radicals.
Free radicals compounds are formed when our bodies convert the food we eat into energy. The compound breakdown of cells during the process may cause an array of unpaired molecules to be present in the body, putting the body to be more susceptible to free radical attacks.
Unfortunately, oxygen (present on our body) is also very susceptible to free radical formation and with aerobic organisms, free radicals can become lethal. Oxygen free radicals are implicated in the overall aging process and are responsible for photo-aging, cancer and inflammation in the skin. So, we have to attain sufficient antioxidants (in this case Vitamin E) for our body to combat these portentous free radicals.
According to Vaughn’s Summaries, consuming Vitamin E supplements might not be necessary because you can get them through our daily food intake. However, many of us may neglect a balanced diet as we immerse ourselves in work and stress. So, it is advisable to get Vitamin E supplements to ensure that a sufficient level of Vitamin E is present in your bloodstream.
Vitamin E is needed in a moderate amount varies according to age, physical health and body psyche. (Do consult your doctor and find out whether you need Vitamin E supplements)
Studies have found out a list of bad food pairings for Vitamin E supplements.
- Avoid grapefruit and its juice when consuming Vitamin E. Scientists are yet to discover the effects of grapefruit juice and Vitamin E combination in the liver.
- Avoid alcohol when taking Vitamin E as both may increase the risk of bleeding.
- Avoid Vitamin E also when you are taking other mineral oil supplements, as it may cause an overdose which may lead to hemorrhage and interrupt blood coagulation.
As mentioned earlier, do always consult your doctor before adding Vitamin E supplement into your daily diet. It is always recommended to take supplements when you cannot afford to obtain theses vitamins or minerals from your daily diet (natural food resources). If you are looking for other vitamins like Vitamin C, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D or other Multivitamins, remember that you can get them all at iprice Hong Kong.