There are many ways to polish your kid's creativity. Primarily through play, your child can also enhance their imagination by exposing them to arts and crafts. Among the best and most enjoyable ways your kids can enhance their creativity is through sculpting modelling clays and playdough. Check out the best modelling clays in Hong Kong or read more about the different types of modelling clays below.
Top Clay Price List 2019
|Top 10 products||Price||Store|
|Environmental Light Clay Handmade Cake Kit Colorful Modelling Clay DIY Craft Soft Children Gift Toy||HK$ 75.82||Tomtop|
|12 Colors Ultra Light Clay Plasticine Modelling Slime Toy for Kids||HK$ 21.91||Zapals|
|Unicorn Cotton Mud Slime Multi-color Candy Clay Plasticine Foam DIY Toy||HK$ 35.69||Banggood|
|Preschool Art: Clay & Dough||HK$ 65.17||Kobo|
|Nororo Paper Clay 300ml SOFT Ultralight DIY Non-Toxic Non-Brushed Space Sand Kids Play Toy||HK$ 39.69||Banggood|
|Lollipop Crystal Mud Cotton Slime 120ml Candy Marshmallow Clay Plasticine||HK$ 47.60||Banggood|
|100 ML Paper Clay SOFT Ultralight DIY Non-Toxic Magical Space Mud Plasticine Gift||HK$ 31.73||Banggood|
|10 Pcs Soft Silicone Polymer Clay Rubber Pen Clay Sculpting Modelling Clay Crafts Tools 15CM||HK$ 65.11||Banggood|
|Paper Clay 120G White SOFT Ultralight DIY Non-Toxic Non-Brushed Space Sand Kids Play Toy||HK$ 51.77||Banggood|
|Beau tiful Color Mixing Cloud Slime Squishy Putty Scented Stress Kids Clay Toy||HK$ 29.48||Banggood|
Available in Tomtop HK$ 75.82 Go to Shop
Modern psychology has proven that childhood experiences can play a huge toll on future cognitive and behavioural patterns as adults. This is the reason why as parents, we would want our children to learn and enhance their cognitive abilities through play. Among the best ways to do that is to engage your children in arts and crafts. From scrapbooking, drawing, doodling, puzzles, and creating stuff from scratch, your child's brain is stimulated, opening doors to learning and development. If you are looking for ways to engage and nurture your child's creativity, playing with playdoughs and modelling clays is a fun and enjoyable activity that you and your child can enjoy together.
Modelling clay or otherwise known as playdough is a type of sculpting material used to create art in 3-dimensional spaces. The beauty of modelling clay is that it is not only reserved for artists, children too can enjoy sculpting and moulding as a means to learn and play. Modelling clay can be made from a myriad of materials including ceramic, polymer, and oil-based clay, however, the most common one used for children is a mixture of flour, water, salt, boric acid, and mineral oil, and can come in a various array of colors. Moulding clay is a fun activity that you and your kids can enjoy!
Modelling clay can also come in different types depending on the materials used. Here are some of the most common modelling clay for kids:
- Playdough - Perhaps the most common type of modelling clay for kids, playdough is a soft and pliable modelling clay that comes in a variety of colors, is non-toxic, and fragrant. The best thing about playdough is that it is affordable and is a great go-to toy for your kids.
- Plasticine - A type of clay for older children, plasticine is a harder version of playdough and one of the many types of modelling clay that needs to be exposed to heat in order to dry. It is used by many stop-motion films and animation companies and is great for creating dioramas.
- Polymer Clay - Another type of clay that needs to be baked, polymer clay is a great type of clay because of its smooth and firm texture. Aside from that, this type of clay does not crumble easily and does not dry out when exposed to air.
- Porcelain Clay - Perfect for your kid's art projects, porcelain clay offers a soft and smooth surface that are both dense and durable. Another great reason why porcelain clay is perfect for kids is that it doesn't stick to clothes and simply leaves a fine white dust that can be easily washed off.
- Air Dry Clay - Otherwise known as grey clay, this type of modelling clay is water-based and water-activated. It is soft and easy to manipulate but can leave stains unlike other types of clay on this list. What sets it apart from others is its ability to air dry so you can skip the baking process altogether.
Exposing your children to arts and crafts at an early age is a great way to enhance their creativity and the best way to do that is through modelling clays. Grab the best modelling clays in Hong Kong at iPrice.